The creators of Love of the Wild working on a large scale international production
The international version of the Golden Venla winning series is being filmed across Europe.
The team behind Love of the Wild, that was the first northern Finnish production to win the Golden Venla, is making history once again. The same team that made Love of the Wild a success, is currently filming its international version Love of the Wild – From the Alps to the Arctic.
The series is being filmed, as the title implies, from the Alps all the way to the Arctic areas of Europe, in five different European countries. The preparations for the series started in September 2017, and filming began in August 2018. The series will be in international distribution in 2020.
Äijä the dog to become an international star
The series presents the extremes of European nature, a natural way of life and people living in different cultures more impressively and extensively than any series before.
– We are filming in locations that are amazing and unique on a world scale. This is a whole new format and the series is created in 4K high definition technique according to the latest international quality standards, says Executive Producer Teemu Hostikka.
Because of the demanding filming locations, the series has hired, in addition to the experienced filming crew that worked on Love of the Wild, cameramen from Europe that are experienced in difficult and dangerous mountain conditions. The Finnish stars of the series are Aki Huhtanen, Emilia Laitinen and Äijä the dog, well known from the Finnish version. The new series follows their life in the gorgeous landscapes of Finnish Lapland.
– Finnish drama has taken major international steps in recent years. Nature related content is also one of our strengths, and Love of the Wild has a great opportunity to be the torch bearer in this development, says Director of Creative Content Ville Vilén from YLE.
Backed by well known investors and big names in the TV industry
The Finnish distribution rights to the series belong to Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE, and the first season airs in the Spring of 2020. A major party involved in the funding of the series is private equity investor for media content, IPR.VC, which was impressed by the international potential of the series.
– Love of the Wild is an appealing and original series in which the creators’ true love for nature is conveyed to the viewer. We believe that the international version Love of the Wild – From the Alps to the Arctic will speak to viewers all over the world and bring success to both the production company and the investors of our fund, says Tanu-Matti Tuominen, partner and one of the founders of IPR.VC.
Love of the Wild – From the Alps to the Arctic is the largest undertaking so far for production company NTRNZ media Ltd, strongly headed for the international markets. The consultant for international sales for the series is Jorma Sairanen, the Grand Old Man of the TV industry. Sairanen realised the potential of Love of the Wild early on.
– IPR requested me to assess Finnish TV productions in the autumn of 2017, considering their international sales potential. Of the non-fiction productions being prepared at the time, Love of the Wild was a clear number one for me. The series has very good chances to be distributed internationally on TV-like platforms, says Jorma Sairanen.
The first two Finnish language seasons of the Golden Venla winner Love of the Wild have been sold to over 30 countries, and the third season premieres October 14th on YLE TV1 and YLE Areena.
+358 45 639 8664,
NTRNZ media Oy
+358 400 634853
Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE
+358 500 593001
Partner, Co-Founder / IPR.VC
Trailer for Magic in Lapland published
Filming under way across Finland
The filming of Magic in Lapland, a TV series produced by awarded production company NTRNZ media and magician/illusionist Henri Kemppainen is in full speed.
The series has been filmed in several tourist locations and nature attractions across Finland since early summer.
– We’re half way through in production. We just released the first trailer, which beautifully displays the magical nature of Finland with imagery and atmosphere that meets any international criteria, says executive producer Teemu Hostikka.
The filming continues in several locations during autumn and winter in Northern Finland.
Magic in Lapland is a series aimed at international markets and filmed in English. The team consists of some of the biggest names in TV magic. Henri Kemppainen is consulted by international magic consultant Christian Engblom, who has previously consulted David Blaine and performed in Penn&Teller’s TV show ”Fool us”.
The pyrotechnics are the work of Jani Järvinen, who has worked for Tiësto, David Guetta, Armin van Buuren and Finnish rap icon Elastinen, as well as created pyrotechnics for multiple TV series.
Magic in Lapland will be completed in spring 2019.
Henri Kemppainen is a Finnish magician-illusionist who has studied in Las Vegas. He was awarded the Performer of the Year 2016 by Evento Awards and the Master Magician Emeritus Reijo Salminen trophy in 2015 and 2016. He has performed in several international arenas, including Abu Dhabi.
The series is produced by NTRNZ media Ltd, an Oulu based creative agency best known for the Eränkävijät TV series (Golden Venla 2017 Winner, Best TV series). The first two seasons of Eränkävijät has been sold to over 30 countries with the name ”Love of the Wild”.
+358 45 639 8664,
NTRNZ media Oy
+358 40 821 7749
Magic of Lapland website and trailer: https://www.magicinlapland.com/